- Silver-base inorganic antimicrobial agent "Zeomic"
- Zeomic for water treatment
- Antimicrobial agent for sewarage concrete "Zeomighty"
- Precautions for handling
Silver-base inorganic antimicrobial agent "Zeomic"
Zeomic is the world's first silver-base inorganic antimicrobial agent commercialized by Sinanen Zeomic in 1984. Compared to organic antimicrobial agents,Zeomic boasts excellent safety,sustainability,heat resistance and so on. As such,it is highly regarded not only in Japan,but throughout the world.
Moreover,in recent years,Zeomic's functions have expanded beyond antimicrobial to also include odor-elimination,antiviral,water processing application and so on,steadily establishing a status as a global "multifunctional additive," with rich safety data and a multitude of government licenses.
For details on Zeomic's functions,safety,government licenses and so on,please click the above tab.
What is "Zeomic?"
A silver-base inorganic antimicrobial agent answering all antimicrobial needs.
Zeomic is the world's first silver-base inorganic antimicrobial agent commercialized by Sinanen Zeomic Co., Ltd. in 1984. Compared to organic antimicrobial agents,Zeomic boasts excellent safety,sustainability,heat resistance and so on. As such,it is highly regarded not only in Japan,but throughout the world.
Differences Between Inorganic Antimicrobial Agent and Organic Antimicrobial Agent
|Inorganic Antimicrobial Agent||Organic Antimicrobial Agent|
|Antimicrobial Effect||Slow-acting. Effective across a wide scope,including germs,mold and yeast.||Fast-acting. The majority has limitations regarding which types they are effective on.|
|Heat Resistance||Won't decompose or transform even at resin molding temperature (maximum 350˚C).||In general,organic antimicrobial agents partially strip or decompose at resin molding temperature.|
|Sustainability||Won't leach due to organic solvents and has a long-lasting antimicrobial effect.||Evaporation/decomposition occurs easily due to water,heat,etc.,and this reduces effects.|
|Workability||A powder form which can be handled in the same way as conventional coloring,etc.||In methods where heat is applied during processing,there is a risk of evaporation or decomposition.|
|Safety||The majority use silver as the effective ingredient. Silver has a high safety factor.||The toxicity of the antimicrobial agent itself is low but it has not been confirmed as completely safe.|
|Appearance||White fine powder,odorless|
|Absolute specific gravity||2.1( - )|
|Bulk specific gravity||0.4 - 0.8(g/cm3)|
|Mean diameter||2 - 3μm (general grade)|
|pH (1wt% water)||8.0±1.0 (*insoluble in water)|
M: ions such as silver and natrium
X,Y,Z: Indicates the molar ratio of each element
Forms and Types to Suit Various Applications
Zeomic comes in various forms suitable for different applications in order to respond to diverse needs.
- Silver/zeolite (for general use)
- Silver/glass(for transparent material/plastics)
- Plastic pellets
- Concentration 10-30%
- Ex.: PP,PE,ABS,PS,PET,PC
- For use with plastic moldings/synthetic fi bers
- Water slurry
- Suspended in water at 20% concentration ratio
- For fi ber product post-processing and emulsion-type paint
- Ceramic pellets
- Particle dia.: 2 - 5mm
- For preserving non-drinking water
- Crushed product (natural)
- For drinking water fi lters/tanks
- For sandpits and cat litter
In addition to Zeomic's high thermal resistance of 800˚C,antimicrobial and deodorizing effects,its versatility allows it to be used in a wide range of materials,including plastics,concrete,fiber and paint.
Household Electrical Appliances
- Air conditioners
- Air purification systems
- Dish dryers
- Rice cookers
- Water servers
- Mobile phones
- Cash registers
Food & Hygiene
- Food preservation bags
- Storage containers
- Lunch boxes
- Cutting boards
- Food process counters
- Hygienic work wear
- Food processing globes
- Water purifiers
- Food packaging
- Wooden boards
- Hand rails
- Discharge water traps
- Ventilation ducts
- Toilet material
- Synthetic leather
- White garments
- Sponge cleaners
- Room deodorizers
- Health items
- Wound dressing
Precautions upon use
- Zeomic is a fine powder. When adding to a substance,be careful that the particles do not clump together and ensure they disperse well.
- To secure good dispersibility when kneading Zeomic into plastic,we recommend making a master batch or compound first,then adding it to the molding material. Likewise,when using with liquids such as paint,dispersibility can be secured through ideas such as gradually dissolving Zeomic in solvent with a good compatibility,etc.
- Zeomic absorbs moisture. Please take due care when using.
- Occasionally,Zeomic may change color when added to high-polymer material. This is believed to be because the silver ions in Zeomic chemically react with sulfur,phosphate,etc. and form a colored silver compound. Care is needed as these chemical elements may be present in high-polymer material as additives or stabilizers.
Precautions upon storage
- Store in a cool,dark place avoiding high temperature,high humidity and direct sunlight.
- Zeomic for plastic and synthetic fiber applications is dried at a high temperature before being shipped.
Therefore,drying temperature during the preliminary drying that takes place before general molding and spinning operations would be relatively low and could result in unintentional moisture absorption. Ideally,Zeomic should be weighed and used early on after opening,to reduce the time involved as much as possible.
- If there is any Zeomic left over,seal tightly and store.